COVID-19 Volunteer Opportunities in Hartford County
- As the regional food bank serving Hartford and Tolland counties, Foodshare is the largest anti-hunger organization in the Greater Hartford area. We connect surplus food to our neighbors who struggle with hunger through a network of 280 food pantries, meal programs, and Mobile Foodshare sites.Food donation and food sorting help is needed. Please follow the links below for details and sign up. FoodShare is practicing the CDC guidelines for safety for all volunteers.
- Donate Food - http://site.foodshare.org/site/PageServer?pagename=2017_donate_food
- Volunteer - https://foodshare.volunteerhub.com/
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused international shortages of critical PPE. Hartford HealthCare is accepting donations, including the following items:
- Disposable head covers
- Disposable Gowns
- Disposable Gloves
- N95 respirator face masks
- Disposable face masks
- Disinfection wipes and liquids
- General-purpose hand cleaners
Please bring donated items in original, unopened packaging.