COVID-19 Volunteer Opportunities in Darien
- Volunteers needed for CONTACTLESS HOME DELIVERIES to Person to Person’s elderly clients. Pick up food from P2P Darien Pantry to deliver to P2P clients.Monday through Friday shifts from 1:15pm to 3:15pm (whenever deliveries are completed.) Volunteers must have a mobile phone, valid driver license, their own car and be willing to use their own insurance if necessary. P2P is unable to provide insurance coverage for volunteer drivers. Volunteers must not go into any homes or apartment buildings under any circumstances. Deliveries can range from 1 to 6 stops in lower Fairfield county. Email Juri Garone (Manager of Volunteers & Community Relations): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers needed for P2P Norwalk Pantry weekdays 9am to 1pm. Volunteer shoppers gather prepacked bags of groceries, fresh produce and meats for P2P clients who wait outside of our pantry. All “gathering” of food is done inside our pantry by volunteers and staff. Food is then placed on a table outside of pantry for clients to pick up. Email Juri Garone (Manager of Volunteers & Community Relations): email@example.com
- Participate in our Virtual Food Drive and help ensure that local families have access to fresh, nutritious food and that children can continue to thrive.
- Donate Food: Donations of shelf stable food such as hearty soup, cereal, peanut butter, jelly, and pasta sauce will help families prepare for longer-term impact. Donations can be brought to our Darien or Norwalk food pantries between 9:00 am - 1:00 pm. Please call (203) 655-0048 for more information.
- Darien Human Services is looking for volunteers to drive groceries from Palmers to seniors’ homes. If you are interested and able please email Alexandra Ramsteck: firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll coordinate with Palmer’s.
- A major food bank serving more than 90 agencies in lower Fairfield County, is struggling to keep up with the demand as clients stockpile food items out of fear of the coronavirus outbreak.
Way to Volunteer
- Sorting Donated Food - In The Food Bank's warehouse store, volunteers inspect, sort and shelve non-perishable food. They also assist the designated shoppers from The Food Bank's member agencies in loading food into their vehicles. Flexible hours. M-F between 8:00am-3:00pm.
- Driver Assistants - Ride along with The Food Bank's drivers to help pick-up and deliver food. Flexible hours. M-F between 8:00am and 2:00pm.
- Run a Food Drive - Run a food drive at your school, house of worship, club or business.