Stamford Hospital Junior Volunteer Information
Application Deadline: September 7th!
- Administrative work in various departments (Finance, Marketing, and others)
- Helping with community events and fundraisers
- Playing an instrument or sharing other talents
- Working on patient care units
Volunteers (14 to 18 years of age)
Stamford Health welcomes students ages 14 and older who are interested in volunteering in a professional medical environment. We onboard the Junior Volunteers in the Fall and Summer only.
To be considered as a volunteer, you’re required to complete 50 hours of service for the school year from 3p.m. to 5p.m. no weekends. If volunteering in the summer you must complete 25 hours and must be able to dedicate your time to our 6 week program, minimum of two (2) hours on a weekly schedule no weekends. This is required upon issuing any recommendations.
Junior volunteers will first need to fill out the application form, which includes a 150-word essay that explains why you’d like to volunteer. We want you to illustrate the qualities that make you an exceptional candidate.
Along with the application form, the following forms need to be completed as well:
- Health Reference - A completed application consists of your immunization record including your PPD test for tuberculosis (within the last 12 months).
- Parent Permission - A parent or legal guardian will need to sign the permission slip.
- Teacher/Guidance Counselor Recommendation and Essay - A teacher or counselor will need to fill out the recommendation and mail it in a separate envelope.
All completed forms must be: scanned and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to: (203) 276-6121.
You may also mail completed forms to:
Volunteer Services Dept.
P.O. Box 9317
Stamford, CT 06904-9317
The deadline for our Fall Program is September 7, 2018. The orientation date will be held on the 8th of October from 9am to 1pm. This is a mandatory requirement.
See attachment for application form or visit: https://www.stamfordhealth.org/about/volunteering/