Volunteer Square understands the concern over the spread of COVID-19 throughout the country and now here in Connecticut. The safety of our volunteers and community is our highest priority. If you are scheduled for a volunteer shift, please call ahead to make sure the agency is still allowing volunteers and to find out if there are additional protocols in place for people entering the building. We can all work together to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by following each agency's safety procedures
Some ways you can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 include:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home if you are sick – volunteers should call the volunteer coordinator to let them know they are sick and will not be coming in for their volunteer shift.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and will provide updates as necessary.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html