Over the last several years it’s become very popular for companies to promote volunteer work as part of their social responsibility initiatives. Volunteer work gives employees an opportunity to break away from their daily tasks and put their skills to use in other ways. Research has shown that companies that encourage volunteer work outside of the workplace have seen a shift in employee engagement. Engaged employees are happier, healthier and perform at a higher level. This leads to a lower turnover rate for the company.
Starting an Employee Volunteer Program will boost morale, motivation and team building in your company. It's a great way to show corporate support for the activities that employees are participating in and could help to leverage contributions to the nonprofits your company partners with.
According to The Deloitte 2011 Volunteer IMPACT Survey Employee Volunteer Programs will:
- Develop employee skills and competencies such as communication, planning, project management, problem-solving, budgeting and listening skills
- Spur innovation and creativity
- Help build community and cohesion inside the workforce
- Provide leadership opportunities and improves employee relations
- Help motivate the workforce
- Attribute to higher levels of life satisfaction, sense of control over life and feeling physically and emotionally healthier (UnitedHealthcare / VolunteerMatch Do Good Live Well Study. 2010)
Employee Volunteer Programs can be challenging and time-consuming to manage so Volunteer Square is here to help. We've launched a Corporate Program to help companies who are focused on promoting volunteer opportunities. There are many ways we can work with a company, we can speak at an employee meeting about how to use our website or we can create a custom portal for employees so they have a private version of the site tailored to the needs of the company. With a portal, you can customize searches, create your own events calendar, add company pages and invite employees to interact through the site. We will tailor projects that work for any business.
If you are interested in learning more about our Corporate Program, contact us to set up some time to talk. You can also sign up on VolunteerSquare.com to receive custom emails and read all about the organizations and volunteers making a difference in our community. You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram too!